Thursday, April 10, 2008

*~Number 10 Post~*

We are finally done. Yay! Not that I did not enjoy this class. I actually believe that it has been one of the only classes at Florida State that I feel will benefit me in so many ways. I can actually apply the information that I learn into every aspect of my life. Technology is a big deal. I learned this through the many times when I just wanted to give up. My friend Margaret was a LIFESAVER in this class for me. She is going to make a great teacher because of her patience and understanding. SAM was absolutely insane. Whoever came up with that program is really smart, but really crazy. I realized that the SAM tests and skill checks actually helped understand the programs better. The wording was a little confusing, but I do believe that it will benefit me in the future. I was just accepted into the Early Childhood Education major and I could not be happier. With this I feel that I am on my way to becoming something I have always wanted to do. I love children with a passion and I feel that The Lord has blessed me with patience that sometimes even I do not understand. I love to be creative and I am just so excited.

Alright, now back to what I am supposed to be talking about..hehe! I feel that the program I will be using most will be Microsoft Power Point. That is the best way to give a linear or non-linear presentation and I feel that for giving instructions to a bunch of young children, you can make it exciting and get them involved with what they are learning. The other program that I enjoyed was the Imagination concept maps. That was just a very fun program that made making charts and diagrams fun and easy. Technology is such a wonderful thing. I cannot imagine the programs and various other things that will be out by the time that I have my classroom. While reading everyone's blog entries, I realized something that made me feel A LOT better. Each person struggled with many of the concepts just like me and it gave me great relief.

At first, I was getting very nervous about what my future was going to bring. I knew that I just needed to give it to The Lord, but I could not stop being anxious. When I got that letter of acceptance, I knew that was the door He had opened for me. Thank you Mr. Gentile for your support and willingness to help with all the many questions. I hope all you guys have a very successful future and maybe we can keep in touch on this blogger thing.....well maybe not! :)

No comments: