Tuesday, February 12, 2008

*~Chapter 2 Post~*

Since beginning this class, I have noticed a tremendous amount of increased confidence in what I am doing with computers and technology.  I understand different applications on the computer that I never before understood, and I would feel ready to teach my elementary students some key terms on different programs such as Word and Inspiration.

One thing that I enjoyed in this Chapter was the fact that it discussed the topic of modems, and what each one helps with.  I have wireless internet at home, but I never fully understood how it all worked.  My mother is the brains of our home, so she puts together everything on our home technology.  The information about modems is talked about on page 63 in the text.  A Network Interface Card is really neat, because it connects certain computers to a particular schools network without using a modem.  The three different networks: local area, wide area and home are discussed on page 64.  I suggest that you guys take a look at this.  I love hearing about broadband, because that is the very reason why the internet is at such a high speed.

The history of the internet was something that I found to extremely interesting.  The internet plays a large part in most everyone's lives and to learn about the history is very neat.  To learn more about the Advanced Research Projects Agency,on page 71 discusses many important issues that help us understand where this comes from.  The next best part was The World Wide Web section starting on page 78.  This shows each piece of the puzzle in a way that is easy for anyone to understand.

Each day I feel more ready to take on a classroom.  I feel that since taking this class, my knowledge will continuously be increased and my confidence with computers will soar hi.  What an amazing feeling to have!  I hope that you all are feeling the same way. :)

No comments: