Monday, February 4, 2008

*~Chapter 4 Post~*

Hey everybody! Chapter 4 was just as exciting as all the other one's. I am learning so much that I know is going to benefit me in my teaching career. I remember when I was in high school and it was always hard to do assignments on the computer at school and then transfer every detail to my computer at home. I strongly suggest that everyone look at page 210. This explains the removable memory device. It is a small device that you insert and remove from a slot in a computer or mobile device. I think it is so neat how you can have this small device and no matter where you are, just pop it in the computer and have all your information right there.

Another area in the chapter that I found to be pretty cool was on page 222 and 223. This shows all the many display devices that you could use in the classroom. My favorite display device would have to be the plasma monitor. The color is very good and the size of the screen makes every image seem that more real.

Storage and media devices are also a very good tool to make your classroom a success. I would encourage everyone to go look at that section in the chapter. Although this was not the most exciting section, we need this in order to keep every bit of information in order. Learning about each one of these devices is going to help us, as future educators, to be one step ahead of the game. When we walk into our classrooms for the first time, we will know many inside helpful tools to make our first experience a bit more easier.

I am really wanting to learn more about how I can use certain devices, such as media devices, in order to aid my teaching career. I know certain topics when it comes to media, but I would like to further my knowledge! I have found that the good thing about this class, is that we are free to ask as many questions as we want, without being made to feel incompetent.

1 comment:

jgentile said...

Thanks for the excitement. One thing I'd love to do is teach everyone how to use a scanner. We have one in class