Monday, February 25, 2008

*~Chapter 5 Post~*

Hey everybody! I am so glad to be back on blogger. I really liked the Wiki, but I am just much more comfortable with the blogger program. Chapter 5 was pretty interesting this time. The Digital Media applications were neat because it showed you everyone of the applications on a chart on page 279. I suggest that everyone go take a look at that. This chart helped me to understand each application a little better. It took something that could have been very long and summed up what each application did in a small summary. It talked about Wikipedia and the cool thing about that was I already knew what Wiki was all about.

When teaching my class, I think that I am going to use the electronic reference text. I thought this was incredible, because I feel that it will help students who have a hard time focusing to understand the material a little easier. It takes fun images and interesting videos to make the learning material more vivid and understandable. For more information on this specific topic you can go look on page 278.

There are also many digital newspapers, magazines and articles on every kind of topic. I thought this was great because all of the materials that you need to comprehend a subject, you can find right at the tip of your finger. This will definitlely be an application that I will use in my classroom. Technology has come so far. I can only imagine just how much further it will go by the time we all have our own classrooms. It is really exciting and I hoping for only the best.

In class, I want to learn more about each one of these subjects, and how I will be able to use them in my future classroom. I am so filled with new ideas because of this class and I cannot wait to further my knowledge each and every class. I hope that you all enjoyed the information and the power point assignment. I am really proud of my power point. I could not figure out what to make my lesson, so it ended up being a bit cheesy. :) The colors, layouts and graphics are really nice though! I will see all of you in class.

No comments: