Tuesday, March 4, 2008

*~Chapter 6 Blog~*

Hey Everybody! Chapter 6 was mainly about how to make technology work in your classroom. In the book it said that integrating technology is not always the easiest thing to do. To be honest with all of you, it made me a little nervous. My favorite quote in the whole chapter was how technology should not drive the curriculum, but the curriculum should drive the technology. This made so much sense, because in order for the technology to be understandable, the curriculum must work side by side. The wonderful thing about technology is you can never have too much or too little. Regardless of what the subject or problem, you can find something with technology to aid you. The information on page 332 helped me tremendously to understand the steps it takes to integrate technology into your classroom, without it being overwhelming. It is the Wellivers Instructional Transformation Model. On page 339 it discussed planning for technology in the classroom and how to go about doing it. This section was really great because I believe it can aid all of us with technology in our future classrooms. KWL charts I found to be very interesting. To see more on that subject go to page 342. The ASSURE model was another aid in delivering instruction that integrates technologies and media into the teaching process. To get a better look at what I am talking about, I suggest you guys take a look at page 344, because there is a great ASSURE model table.

This chapter helped me to see that it is okay if I do not fully understand integrating technology and media into my classroom just yet. I would like to learn more and more, because it was made very clear that the information on this subject is a vast amount. The more and more that I see of each subject we read about, the more and more I realize just how much I have to learn. The thing that has helped me to not get so overwhelmed, is the fact that I have plenty of time to further my knowledge, and that most everyone else is in the same boat as me.

1 comment:

jgentile said...

You write some of the best posts. Thanks for taking the time to really get into each section.